Dr. Frank Remmertz
Certified Lawyer for Intellectual Property Law
Certified Lawyer for Information Technology Law
Dr. Frank R. Remmertz was co-founder of REMMERTZ SON Rechtsanwälte. Before, he was partner in an international law firm. As a lawyer, Dr. Frank R. Remmertz specializes in Intellectual Property (IP) and copyright law since 1996, with an emphasis, among others, in asserting and refuting claims against unfair competition rules and in trademark infringement cases, providing legal counseling on promotional activities and Websites, drafting licensing agreements, and counseling clients on the choice of adequate protection of IP-rights and appropriate registration procedures. His further activities include media and press law, IT-law, especially law relating to the internet and domain rights, ecommerce, drafting of contracts (including general terms and conditions), the legal representation in court and the law of the legal profession and infringements of the German Legal Services Act (Rechtsdienstleistungsgesetz).
Dr. Frank R. Remmertz is Certified Lawyer for Intellectual Property and Information Technology Law.
- Member of the board of the Munich Bar Association
- Chairman of the committee "legal services" of the German Federal Chamber of Lawyers
- Member of the Board of OSE Organisation Pro Software Escrow e.V.
- LES Licensing Executive Society (IT study group)
- German Association of Lawyers (German lawyers in Great Britain and member of the working panel "Intellectual Property and Media law")
- Member of the working panel "Information Technology" - IT-law of the German Association of Lawyers (DAVIT)
- GRUR – German Association for Industrial Property and Copyright law
- Lecturer on trademark law at the Centre d´Etude Internationales de la Propriété Industrielle (CEIPI) of the Université Robert Schuman III, Strasbourg (2007 – 2015)
- OSE Organisation pro Software Escrow e.V., Munich