Dr. Frank Remmertz
Certified Lawyer for Intellectual Property Law
Certified Lawyer for Information Technology
Dr. Frank R. Remmertz is a Certified Lawyer for Intellectual Property and Information Technology Law and has gained experience for more than 20 years. This qualification enables him to meet the demands of the new data econonomy and to advice and represent clients in all aspects of IP- and IT-Law, especially relating to the digital business.
Before establishing his own law firm in 2016, he has gained experience for many years both in renowned law firms and as inhouse-counsel. Therefore, he thinks and acts from the client´s business perspective with entrepreneurial understanding in order to meet the needs of the clients, both national and international. Besides, he is, inter alia, member of the board of the Munich Bar Association and chairman of the commitee „legal services“ of the German Federal Chamber of Lawyers.
His activities include, among others, the asserting and refuting claims against unfair competition rules and in trademark infringement cases, providing legal counseling on promotional activities and websites, drafting licensing agreements, and counseling clients on the choice of adequate protection of IP-rights and appropriate registration procedures. He also advices and represents clients in the field of media and press law, IT-law, especially law relating to the internet and online business, e-commerce, data protection law, drafting of contracts (including general terms and conditions), the legal representation in court and the law of the legal profession and infringements of the German Legal Services Act (Rechtsdienstleistungsgesetz).
- Member of the board of the Munich Bar Association
- Chairman of the committee "legal services" of the German Federal Chamber of Lawyers
- Member of the Board of OSE Organisation Pro Software Escrow e.V.
- LES Licensing Executive Society (IT study group)
- German Association of Lawyers (German lawyers in Great Britain and member of the working panel "Intellectual Property and Media law")
- Member of the working panel "Information Technology" - IT-law of the German Association of Lawyers (DAVIT)
- GRUR – German Association for Industrial Property and Copyright law
- Lecturer on trademark law at the Centre d´Etude Internationales de la Propriété Industrielle (CEIPI) of the Université Robert Schuman III, Strasbourg (2007 – 2015)
- OSE Organisation pro Software Escrow e.V., Munich