Privacy Statement for visiting the website of www.remmertz.legal and for clients of REMMERTZ | LEGAL
REMMERTZ | LEGAL is happy to welcome you to this website. The protection of your personal data is a priority for REMMERTZ | LEGAL. All handling of your personal data is done in strict compliance with the law, in particular the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Federal Data Protection Act (new version) (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz – BDSG).
- 1. The responsibility for data processing lies with:
REMMERTZ | LEGAL
Verantwortlich: Rechtsanwalt Dr. Frank Remmertz
D-80331 Munich (Germany)
Tel.: +49 89 269 49 777
Fax: +49 89 269 49 778
- 2. Use of “Cookies”:
No cookies are used.
- 3. Collection of personal data, purpose and legal basis for the processing
In order to use the website www.remmertz.legal, you do not necessarily have to share personal data such as your name and e-mail address with REMMERTZ | LEGAL. However, personal data is collected, processed and stored in the following way:
When you visit the website, data and technical information are automatically sent by your Internet browser to the website’s server. The following information is temporarily stored in a log file until it is automatically erased: the IP address of your computer, the name and URL of the file accessed and the access status / HTTP status code of your computer’s browser.
REMMERTZ | LEGAL collects and uses this data to smooth the user’s connection to the website and to continually enhance and safeguard the security and stability of the website.
Art. 6(1)(f) of the GDPR provides the legal basis for the temporary storage of data. The purposes mentioned above constitute a legitimate basis for processing of this data by REMMERTZ | LEGAL. Under no circumstances are the data used to reveal information about you. Such data are not combined with personal data from other sources.
- 4. Use, disclosure and erasure of storage of personal data
Your personal data will only be disclosed to third parties – insofar as necessary and legally permissible – if you have explicitly consented to this or the law requires it.
Where you provide REMMERTZ | LEGAL with personal data and explicitly consent to their use, REMMERTZ | LEGAL will only uses the data for the purpose for which this consent was given. You may withdraw your consent at any time with future effect.
Your personal data will only be processed and stored for as long as and insofar as this is necessary for the purposes specified in this Privacy Notice. After these purposes have been fulfilled, the data are routinely erased. Data are not erased if continued processing is necessary to satisfy statutory retention periods or where the statutory limitation periods require data retention for documentary and evidentiary purposes.
- 5. Security, e-mail communication
REMMERTZ | LEGAL attaches great importance to ensuring the maximum security of your personal data. REMMERTZ | LEGAL would like to point out, however, that if you contact REMMERTZ | LEGAL by e-mail that it is possible for unauthorized persons to read and change your e-mail without being noticed. In addition, REMMERTZ | LEGAL uses spam filtering software to filter unwanted e-mails. If e-mails are erroneously identified as spam mail because they have certain characteristics, they may be blocked by the spam filter. REMMERTZ | LEGAL is not obliged to use encryption technology and would therefore recommend that you use postal mail or fax if you wish to send any confidential information. If you communicate with REMMERTZ | LEGAL by e-mail without any encryption technology, REMMERTZ | LEGAL assumes that your consent is given to communicate in this way.
- 6. Links to other websites:
This website may contain links to other websites. REMMERTZ | LEGAL is not responsible for their privacy statements or content.
- 7. Integration of Google Maps
On this website, REMMERTZ | LEGAL is using Google Maps. This allows REMMERTZ | LEGAL to display interactive maps directly on the website and enables you to conveniently use the map function.
By visiting the website, Google receives the information that you have called up the corresponding subpage of the website. In addition, the data mentioned under point 3 of this declaration will be transmitted. This is regardless of whether Google provides a user account that you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your information will be directly associated with your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile on Google, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such evaluation takes place in particular (even for unlogged-in users) to provide demand-oriented advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact Google to exercise this right.
- 8. Right to access, right to object and other rights
You have a right to access information regarding the personal data stored about you at any time (Art. 15 of the GDPR). Moreover, you have the right to require that inaccurate data about you be rectified and that incomplete data be completed (Art. 16 of the GDPR).
Where the statutory requirements are met, you have, in addition, the right to demand that data be erased or that processing be restricted (blocked) (Art. 17 and Art. 18 of the GDPR).
Furthermore, where REMMERTZ | LEGAL processes your personal data to safeguard its legitimate interests, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation (Art. 21 of the GDPR).
To exercise your rights, you can contact REMMERTZ | LEGAL by postal mail, fax or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in order to handle your request and to identify you, REMMERTZ | LEGAL will process your personal data pursuant to Art 6(1)(f) of the GDPR.
- 9. Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority if you are of the opinion that the processing of your data infringes data protection law (Art. 77 of the GDPR). Such complaints may, for example, be lodged with the supervisory authority mentioned below:
- 10. Special Information on data processing for the clients of REMMERTZ | LEGAL
REMMERTZ | LEGAL advises companies and entrepreneurs. When you mandate REMMERTZ | LEGAL, the following information will be collected:
- title, first name, last name,
- a valid e-mail address,
- telephone number (landline and/or mobile) and fax number
- information necessary to assert and defend your rights under the mandate.
This data is collected
- to identify you as the client or their contact person and representative;
- to provide you with appropriate legal advice and representation;
- to correspond with you;
- for invoicing / accounting;
- for the processing of claims.
According to Art. 6 (1)(b) GDPR, data processing for the above-mentioned purposes is necessary for the appropriate processing of the mandate and for the mutual fulfilment of obligations arising from the mandate agreement.
The personal data collected by REMMERTZ | LEGAL for the mandate will be stored until the end of the legal obligation to retain lawyers' data (six years after the end of the calendar year in which the mandate was terminated) and subsequently deleted, unless REMMERTZ | LEGAL is, in accordance with Art. 6 (1)(c) GDPR due to tax and commercial law storage and documentation obligations (from HGB, StGB or AO), obliged to a longer storage or you have consented to a longer storage according to Art. 6 (1)(a) GDPR, or in case legitimate interests, such as the examination of conflicts of interest or the defence of liability claims, make a further storage necessary.
Personal data will not be transferred to third parties for purposes other than those listed below. As far as this is necessary according to Art. 6 (1)(b) GDPR for the processing of client relationships with you, the personal data will be passed on to third parties. This includes in particular the passing on to opposing parties and their representatives (in particular their lawyers) as well as courts and other public authorities for the purpose of correspondence and for asserting and defending your rights. The data passed on may be used by the third party exclusively for the purposes mentioned.
The clients and/or their contact persons with whom REMMERTZ | LEGAL communicates have the right with regard to their respective personal data:
- to revoke the consent once given in accordance with Art. 7 (3) GDPR at any time. As a result, REMMERTZ | LEGAL is no longer allowed to continue processing data based on this consent in the future;
- to request information about the personal data processed by REMMERTZ | LEGAL in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if these have not been collected by REMMERTZ | LEGAL, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information on their details;
- to demand immediately the correction of incorrect or complete personal data stored by REMMERTZ | LEGAL in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR;
- to request the deletion of personal data stored by REMMERTZ | LEGAL pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, to demand the restriction of the processing of personal data if you dispute the accuracy of the data, if the processing is unlawful but you refuse to delete the data and REMMERTZ | LEGAL no longer needs the data, but if you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or if you have filed an objection to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR;
- to receive the personal data you have provided to REMMERTZ | LEGAL in a structured, current and machine-readable format in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR or to request the transmission to another person responsible; and
- to complain to a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or the office of REMMERTZ | LEGAL (see point 9).